Monday, October 01, 2007

Hilton Head



After picking up my embroideries from the solo exhibition at Francis Marion, Steve and I headed to Hilton Head Island for a weekend with my parents at their time share. Alex and Erica joined us after school...bring the moped in our utility van...thus, we barely saw them at all.

My Dad has really healed very nicely after the emergency tracheotomy. Although he hid behind a palmetto tree, the photo above was taken on his first day without wearing the bandanna over the wound. It is still healing but miraculously better.

Below are several photos I took...from a leisure seaside lunch to one of dozens of mushrooms that my mom and I discovered and photographed. We really laughed at the sign posted on the door to a chic boutique. I spent a great deal of time on the beach with a needle and thread...stringing together shells with holes...hence, I stitched on the beach! More photographs are posted on my "family" blog.





2 comments:

Nikki said...

The sign gave me the biggest laugh I have had in a while!!!!

jonio said...

Hi Susan,

I love the sign. It would have been perfect at my old job!!! Hilton Head is one of my favorite places, along with Charleston, Savannah, Beaufort, St. Augustine. Actually put me in Jerry's truck and point us toward the coast and as soon as I start to see Spanish Moss and Saw Palmettos and Sabal Minors peeking thru the pines and other growth, my stress level drops 90%.

Hope you enjoy London.

Joni Owens