Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Book Festival


(Wrapped, rusted 3" nails in a gallon Ziploc bag. Click on image to enlarge.)
I cannot believe that I forgot to take a photo of our "booth" at the South Carolina Book Festival. Steve decided that Mouse House, our business that specializes in antiquarian prints, ought to participate as a vendor. He did three book shows more than a decade ago; so felt "experienced". I decided that if he did this, I would display my book art too. For the most part, I sat in our area wrapping rusted nails. This certainly prompted interesting conversations about my upcoming art installation.

(Above: Key to Overcoming Grief. Click on image to enlarge.)
I've also recently finished a few more keys with embellished fabric grounds.

(Above: Key to the Kingdom. Click on image to enlarge.)

(Above: Key to My Heart. Click on image to enlarge.)

I did have my camera with me and I did buy a book for my mom, an early Mother's Day present. Above is Cristy Fossum signing her book Sunday by Sunday.

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

The key arts are fantastic enhanced by magnificent frames

arlee said...

I love the bag of nails as they are :}

Aussie Jo said...

I love your key pieces, what a wonderful concept!!!
Is the background of the key to the heart machine or hand felted?