Sunday, January 15, 2017

New Work!

 (Above:  Detail of Lunette XXV.  Click on any image in this blog post for an enlargement.)

Last January I was contemplating a big move!  By February, I gave notice at Gallery 80808/Vista Studios that it would happen; I would move my studio back into my house.  I was worried.  After all, most everything I'd ever made was inside those four, rental walls.  I was worried that the distractions of home would effect my energy, momentum, and especially my productivity.  Happily, that hasn't been the case.  I'm more productive than ever ... stealing a few minutes here, a half hour there, and making the most of the fact that my studio is only a few steps away.  It's a good thing ... especially since I have a solo show coming up at the Grovewood Gallery where I'll be demonstrating my processes February 17 and 18 from 11am – 4pm.  Plus, I'll be in my 10' x 10' ProPanel booth selling work at the ACC (American Craft Council) Baltimore and Atlanta Shows, February 24 - 26 and March 17 - 19 respectively.)  I need A LOT OF WORK and I'm happily making it!  This blog post shows what I've done this past week ... and mounted and framed over the weekend!

 
(Above:  Lunette XXV. Framed:  22" x 28"; unframed: 15 1/2" x 21". Inventory # 3941. $495.)

I'll be making more work ... and posting the results.  For now, just scroll down! Thanks!

(Above:  Detail of Lunette XXIV.)

(Above:  Lunette XXIV. Framed:  22" x 28"; unframed: 16 1/2" x 22 1/2". Inventory # 3940. $495.)

(Above:  Detail of Lancet Window XC.)

(Above:  Lancet Window XC. Inventory # 3939. Framed: 31" x 11". $395.)

(Above:  Lancet Window LXXXVIII. Inventory # 3937. Framed: 31" x 11". $395.)

(Above:  Lancet Window LXXXIX. Inventory # 3938. Framed: 31" x 11". $395.)

(Above:  In Box CCLXXXII. Framed: 21 1/2" x 17 1/2". Inventory # 3936. $325.)

(Above:  In Box CCLXXXI. Framed:  19" x 15". Inventory # 3935. $235.)

(Above:  In Box CCLXXX. Framed:  19" x 15". Inventory # 3934. $235.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Amazing!!!

indigocarole said...

Susan these are becoming more and more beautiful, along with the thread bowls, which I also love making. I'm still grateful to you for sending me some of the kayak felt and sharing the process. I've just framed an icon for a friend in one of my bronze and gold pieces.
Wishing you another happy and successful year.
Carole
UK

Susan Lenz said...

Thank you Carole! I'm so glad that you enjoy making the fiber vessels. They really are one of the most meditative things I do ... just watching the strands of yarn become a giant ball of cording and then later watching the bowl slowly form under the machine's foot. Susan

Wanda said...

I'm so happy that the big move was everything you had hoped and even more!