Tuesday, June 13, 2017

A Good Problem to Have

 (Above:  Detail of In Box CCXCIII.  Click on any image to enlarge.)

I have a solo show coming up at Waterworks Visual Arts Center in Salisbury, North Carolina.  It opens on September 9th but I'll be delivering the work at the end of August.  A month or so ago, I thought I had enough work (except for the installation of "circles" for the back wall ... which I've been working on steadily.)  At that time, I had four, large In Box pieces.
 
 (Above:  In Box CCXCIII.  Polyester stretch velvets on recycled black industrial felt with self-guided, free-motion machine stitching and melting techniques.  28" x 16" unframed; 33" x 21" framed.  Inventory # 4026. $550 plus tax and shipping.)

Then, In Box  CCLXI got accepted into the 35th Annual New Legacies: Contemporary Art Quilts show, July 5 - August 26, 2017 at The Lincoln Center in Fort Collins, Colorado.   Shortly thereafter, I received another national show acceptance.  In Box CCLXXIII is going to the Carnegie Center in New Albany, Indiana for 2017 Form Not Function, Quilt Art at the Carnegie, July 21 - September 16, 2017. Last week brought other good news.  The Grovewood Gallery in Asheville, North Carolina needed more work ... including two more large In Box pieces.  I went from having four to needing to make four more.  These are the first two. 

  (Above:  Detail of In Box CCXCIV.)

Guess what else happened?  Answer:  The same thing with the Lancet Windows.  Soon I'll be posting more of these too!

 (Above:  In Box CCXCIV.  Polyester stretch velvets on recycled black industrial felt with self-guided, free-motion machine stitching and melting techniques.  28" x 16" unframed; 33" x 21" framed.  Inventory # 4027. $550 plus tax and shipping.)

No comments: