Thursday, June 29, 2017

Lancet Windows XCVI, XCVII, and XCVIII

THANK YOU, Nina-Marie (and this blog post is linked to Nina-Marie's "Off the Wall Fridays", a site for sharing fiber arts!  Courtesy of following Nina-Marie's FeedBurner subscription link, I finally found a button for this blog that actually WORKS!  I've had readers in the past ask about a subscription link.  I've unsuccessfully installed others ... but this one WORKS!  If interested, please sign up!

 (Above from left to right:  Lancet Windows XCVI, XCVIII, and XCVII.  Polyester stretch velvets on recycled black industrial felt with free-motion machine stitching and melting techniques.  Each piece is framed and measures 31" x 11".  $395 each.  Click on any image in this blog post to enlarge.)

I have four different styles of "Stained Glass" fiber artwork:  Windows, Lunette Windows, Large Stained Glass Windows, and Lancet Windows.  (Sizes, shapes, and prices can be found on a separate blog.)  Undoubtedly, the Lancet Windows are the most popular.  I started making them after my mother suggested the size.  She said, "Everyone has a place for a long, skinny piece".  Evidently, she's right. 

 (Above:  Detail of Lancet Window XCVII.)

Until this week, I had at least two or three pieces in every other style ... but no Lancet Windows.  So, this week I created three new ones.  I'm hoping to finish five others in the coming weeks.  I will need them for my upcoming solo show at Waterworks Visual Arts Center, a regional museum in Salisbury, North Carolina.

  (Above:  Detail of Lancet Window XCVIII.)

I will also need them for the Philadelphia Museum of Art Show in November ... mostly because the show in North Carolina will not be over until January 3, 2018.  Nothing in that show will be available for the opportunity in Philadelphia.  I think I'll be making quite a bit of new work this summer!  November will be here before I know it!

 (Above:  Detail of Lancet Window XCVI.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That`s the strangest faux stained glass material i`ve seen so far! Looks awesome. And you really can develop or repair stained glass like this one just using bare hands and a needle

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

I am always in awe when I see your any new Stained Glass pieces. They look so delicate and yet have such presence! I do love the window shape.